NGSConnex User Guide
Can't Log In
Change/Forgot My Password
If you attempt to log in and enter your User ID and/or password incorrectly the first time the following message will display:
If you attempt to log in and enter your User ID and or password incorrectly twice in a row the following message will display.
If you attempt to log in three times unsuccessfully in a two-hour window the account will be locked. The following message will display.
If your account is locked because you have more than three invalid log in attempts within a two hour period, you will be required to wait a minimum of 15-minutes before attempting to log in again. If you do not wait a minimum of 15-minutes your account will be locked for 180-minutes.
You must change your NGSConnex password at least once every 60 days. This is a CMS security requirement to have online access to protected health information.
You can reset or change the password by selecting the Can’t Log In link on the NGSMedicare combined landing page.
- Select the Change/Forgot My Password link.
- Enter the User ID associated with your NGSConnex account.
- Select the Get User Info button.
- Enter the answer for your Challenge Question. The Challenge Question answer is not case sensitive.
- Select the Validate Answer button.
- The Change Password screen will display.
- Select the Save Changes button. You will then be able to log into NGSConnex with your User ID and Password.
I Forgot My User ID
If you attempt to log into NGSConnex but don’t remember your User ID, you can locate it by selecting the Can’t Log In link on the NGSMedicare combined landing page.
- Select I forgot my User ID (4 Alpha 3 Numeric) link.
- Enter the Email Address associated with your User ID.
- Select the Find User ID button.
- If the email entered is associated with a registered NGSConnex User ID, we will email the User ID on file to you.