Learn About PECOS Web
Advantages of Online Enrollment
- Let’s you submit CMS-855 form online
- MAC receives application submission faster
- Tailored application process
- Electronic signature method:
- Upload (PDF or TIFF) paper certification statement
- Uploading (PDF or TIFF) supporting documentation feature
- Processing time is 50 percent faster than paper application submission
- Save time and money
CMS provides guides to help make the most out of PECOS web.
- Getting Started with PECOS for Individual Physicians and Non-Physician Practitioners
- Getting Started with PECOS for Organizations and Institutional Providers
- MLN® Educational Tool: Medicare Provider Enrollment
- Understanding Authorized Official and Delegated Official Roles
Create one account with the Identity & Access Management System to manage access to PECOS, NPPES and the EHR incentive program, manage staff and authorize others to access your information.
Use Quick Reference Guide for more instructions on setting up access, authorizing connections and resetting password.
- Passwords reset every 60 days.
- Passwords may only be changed once every 24 hours.
- Must be 8‒12 characters.
- Must contain at least one letter.
- Must contain at least one number.
- Must contain at least one special character.
Valid Special Characters: @ # & ) ( - _ ’ ” . , * ; : /
- Must not start with numeric characters.
- Must be different from the previous six passwords.
- Must not contain first name or last name.
- Must not be the same as the User ID.
MFA is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user’s identity for a login or other transaction.
CMS implementation is to improve identification and authentication security for the four public facing applications I&A, NPPES, PECOS and HITECH.
CMS established the EUS Help Desk to assist with PECOS web (access, password resets or technical issues) and the MFA process.
|EUS Help Desk||Phone: 866-484-8049
Refer to Enrollment tab for instructions to submit PECOS application by selecting appropriate scenario (Enroll for the First Time, Change Existing Information or Revalidate).