news article details
MLN Connects® Special Edition for Friday, July 29, 2022
Skilled Nursing Facilities: Final FY 2023 Payment Rule
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: Learn What’s New for Fiscal Year 2023
- CMS Seeks Public Feedback to Improve Medicare Advantage
Skilled Nursing Facilities: Learn What’s New for Fiscal Year 2023
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Prospective Payment System final rule to update payment policies and rates. See a summary of key provisions effective 10/1/2022:
- 2.7% net payment rate increase for skilled nursing facilities
- Patient Driven Payment Model parity adjustment recalibration (use the FY 2023 proposed rule calculator to learn more) and changes in ICD-10-CM code mappings
- Permanent 5% cap on annual wage index decreases
- SNF Quality Reporting Program: compliance date revisions for certain requirements, new influenza vaccination coverage for health care personnel measure, and regulation text revisions
- SNF Value Based Purchasing: not apply the SNF 30-Day All Cause Readmission Measure for the FY 2023 program year and add three new measures for FY 2026 and 2027 program expansion years.
CMS Seeks Public Feedback to Improve Medicare Advantage
CMS released a Request for Information seeking public comment on the Medicare Advantage program. CMS is asking for input on ways to achieve the agency’s vision so that all parts of Medicare are working towards a future where people with Medicare receive more equitable, high quality and person-centered care that is affordable and sustainable.
CMS encourages the public to submit comments to the Request for Information. Feedback from plans, providers, beneficiary advocates, states, employers and unions, and other partners to this Request for Information will help inform the Medicare Advantage policy development and implementation process.