news article details
Provider Enrollment: Reduce Development Requests for Additional Action
In an effort to reduce the request of additional information and/or documentation on provider enrollment applications, verify all required actions are complete prior to submission.
Here are reminders for processing to be efficient:
- Certified providers (institutional providers and select certified Part B entities) are required to pay an application fee for:
- Initial enrollment
- Change of information – adding a new practice location
If you are not sure you are a certified provider and need to pay the fee, use the Medicare Provider Enrollment Application Fee Decision Tree Tool located on our website under Resources then Tools & Calculators.
- Appropriate authorized and/or delegated official signature and date on the provider enrollment application is a requirement, which includes the signature and date from individual providers.
- CMS paper applications/forms – verify signatures and dates are present before mailing application. Any newly added authorized or delegated official must sign and date application.
- PECOS electronic applications/forms – log back into PECOS within 24 hours after submission to verify all signatures are in the complete status. If still pending, either upload the signed and dated certification statement for each required signature or resend the email to notify signer to e-sign. The certification statement can only be uploaded into PECOS on the manage signature screen and should not be mailed or faxed.
If you have questions about verifying signatures in PECOS, please join our next webinar titled, PECOS: Manage Signatures and Additional Information Requests by registering for this session on our website under Events.