National Government Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., has a long history of supporting federal health agencies, including the CMS. Throughout the country, NGS has served as a Medicare contractor since the inception of the Medicare Program nearly 60 years ago. NGS associates are located throughout the country and are committed to Our Mission of: Improving Lives and Communities. Simplifying Healthcare. Expecting More.
NGS Facts at a Glance
- Certified International Organization for Standardization—ISO 9001:2015.
- Appraised at Maturity Level 2 of the CMMI® with two divisions, e.g. NGD and CEDI, at Level 5.
- Served as a Medicare contractor since 1966.
- Served over 20 million people with fee-for-service Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories.
- Served 240 members of Congress.
- Administered the Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) contract, serving:
- Over 14,000 Part A providers of service in the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wisconsin.
- Nearly 4,300 FQHCs in 44 states, District of Columbia and five U.S. territories.
- Administered the Medicare HH+H contract for the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and the U.S. Territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands, serving over 6,000 HH+H providers of service.
- Administered the Medicare Part B (medical insurance) contract for the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wisconsin, serving nearly 460,000 Part B physicians and providers of service.
- Processed over 223 million Medicare claims and administered benefits of more than $77 billion from the Medicare Trust Fund.
- Responded to over 1.5 million phone and IVR calls, 50,000 written inquiries, and 110 Congressional inquiries from the Medicare community.
- Developed and maintained internet-based self-service tools that allow Medicare providers to have millions of interactions to answer their educational and billing needs.
- Developed and maintained the NGD system 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. NGD interacts with all Medicare claims processing systems and other multiple government data sources which is capable of hosting 20,000 agents, thousands of web users and the ability to process over 100 million inquiries per year.
Current as of 3/28/2023