National Government Services, Inc. has a long history of supporting federal health agencies such as the CMS. Throughout the country, NGS has efficient operation, financial and human resources in place that position the organization as a national leader in Medicare for 55 years.
Our Mission: Improving Lives and Communities. Simplifying Healthcare. Expecting More.
Facts at a Glance
- Serves as a Medicare contractor with CMS since 1966.
- International Organization for Standardization—ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- Serves nearly 27 million people with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. Territories. NGS serves 240 members of Congress.
- Administers the Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) contract for the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wisconsin serving over 12,000 Part A providers of service.
- Administers the Medicare HH+H contract for the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and the U.S. Territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands serving over 5,500 HH+H providers of service.
- Administers the Medicare freestanding FQHC contract serving nearly 4,500 FQHCs in 44 states, District of Columbia and five U.S. territories.
- Administers the Medicare Part B (medical insurance) contract for the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wisconsin serving over 440,000 Part B physicians and providers of service.
- Processed over 228 million Medicare claims and administered benefits of more than $103 billion from the Medicare Trust Fund in 2020.
- Responded to over 1.8 million phone and IVR calls, 55,000 written inquiries and 190 Congressional inquiries from the Medicare community in 2020.
- Developed and maintains web-based self-service tools that allows Medicare providers to have millions of interactions to answer their educational and billing needs in 2020.
- Appraised at Maturity Level 2 of the CMMI® and two divisions appraised at Maturity Level 5, including the NGD and the CEDI.
- Developed and maintains the NGD system 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. NGD interacts with all Medicare claims processing systems and other multiple government data sources which is capable of hosting 20,000 agents, thousands of web users and the ability to process over 100 million inquiries per year.
Note: The information above is an attempt to capture workload numbers from calendar and fiscal year 2020. These workload numbers are a guide only and expected to change with 2021 data.
Current as of March 2021